Paris, 8 March 2020. At Expleo, people are at the heart of our business. The diversity of our minds is our biggest asset: the reason our clients choose to work with us and what sets us apart.
We see ourselves as a hive of different profiles, united by a boldness of spirit.
On International Women’s Day, we want to renew our commitment towards gender diversity and equality in the workplace.
Expleo is taking action
In Europe, women make up 46% of the labour market, but the percentage of women in tech is no higher than 30%, with some countries as low as 16% (Women in Tech Index, 2018). This imbalance is consistent across all the regions of the world.
It has to change.
At Expleo, we pledge to:
- encourage women to pursue careers in the technology and engineering fields, historically male-dominated professions;
- ensure the same career development opportunities are open to everybody within our group, including more female talent in management roles;
- fight bias in everyday business life.
In the 30 countries where we are present, our local offices and leaders are actively launching initiatives and networks to encourage women to thrive and excel in their personal and professional lives.
Here are just a few examples:
- Mentoring to help our female professionals boost their career with guidance from senior staff members, encouragement and valuable network connections.
- Work-life balance initiatives aiming to promote a healthy, safe and respectful work environment for everyone.
- Returners programme to support women returning to the workplace after a long break.
- Giving our female employees a voice and access to support networks through tech meet up and events.
- Promotion of engineering and technology fields, notably in school and universities, to encourage young women to choose a tech career.
This effort led to 80% of our employees identifying gender equality amongst Expleo’s strongest assets (Expleo 2019 Great Place To Work Survey). We are proud of what we have achieved so far, but we also recognise this is just the beginning.
Celebrating the bold women at Expleo
Today is the right time to shout about our talented and inspiring women at Expleo. They are bold, and they are the ones changing the game.
Meet some of our role models:
- Irantzu Bilbao, Spain and Portugal CEO, who is leading our teams and clients’ projects in the region.
- Colette Marchadier, our Environment Solutions Leader in France, who helps our clients to address critical environmental challenges.
- Clíodhna Ní Bhroin, Quality Assurance Engineer, who has shown courage by returning to work after health issues.
- Ingrid Burton, Senior Sales Manager, who left her homeland of South Africa for a new sales role in Norway.
#IAmABoldWoman #IWD2020 #EachforEqual